Julie Mercer Beauty Therapy
This Privacy Notice explains how, why and when Julie Mercer Beauty Therapy collects and processes your personal data.
Julie Mercer is a sole trader and is the Data Controller for all information collected. If you would like more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Information That We Collect
Julie Mercer Beauty Therapy processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect from you is: –
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Wedding Dates and Details
- Treatment records
- Signed disclaimers
We collect information in the below ways: –
- Telephone Enquiries
- Email Enquiries
- Handwritten forms at consultation
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
We take your privacy very seriously and will never share your data without your consent, for example to pass on to a recommended wedding supplier. I will never sell your data. We only retain your data for the purposes of carrying out our business with you as follows:
- Your treatment records
- Appointment dates
- So we can email you with information and offers from time to time
You have the right to:
- access any personal information that we retain about you. If you believe that any of this is incomplete or inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will update it as quickly as possible.
- request erasure of your personal data
- opt-out of any direct marketing from us
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent.
We take your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. The security measures in place include:
- Paper-based records are retained in a fire proof locked safe.
- Emails and contact details are stored on my telephone which is secured by a PIN number in the event of it being stolen.
- These are securely backed up on Apple iCloud, so can be reinstated if the telephone is lost, stolen or broken.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Julie Mercer Beauty Therapy, however we would be unable to provide you with our service if this information was not available.
How Long We Keep Your Data
All client details are reviewed regularly and records of any non-active clients will be disposed of after 5 years.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Special Categories Data
We do not collect or store and information categorised as Special Categories Data. (This includes information about health, religion, race)
Lodging a Complaint
We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, in the first instance you should raise any concerns with me via email email@example.com